The Training for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP) shall continue to be directed towards filling up the skills gaps and job requirements of priority industries and sectors with high employment demand, improving the reach quality TVET to the grassroots and encouraging technical-vocational institutions to offer programs in higher qualifications catering to in-demand industry requirements. This shall be supportive of the government's thrust of rapid, inclusive and sustained economic growth.
Beneficiaries of the TWSP shall have the following qualifications:
1. Must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time the scholar finishes the training program.
2. Educational attainment shall be based on industry requirements or as prescribed in the applicable training.
3. Pursuant to the Special Provision of the 2014 GM, priority is given to those who are from regions or province where the absolute number of poor residents and the incidence of poverty are high. The regional and provincial offices shall ensure that these areas are provided access to TWSP.
4. Other clientele groups such as persons with disability (PWDs), indigenous people, solo parents and their children and senior citizens shall be afforded access to scholarship opportunities in the qualification/courses where they can qualify. OFW returnees, member of the families of AFP and PNP personnel kill in military and police operations and other marginalized groups may also avail of the scholarship program subject to pre-qualification.
5. Other industry requirements shall be considered, as may be required by the employers/industry associations.